Every kid has the right and the ability to succeed especially when they are offered the League Foundation LGBTQ Scholarship
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, or Queer high school seniors in America who are starting their first year of higher study are given financial aid by the League Foundation LGBTQ Scholarship Foundation.
The scholarship application opens in January and concludes in April each year, with rewards delivered in the summer.
What Does League Foundation LGBTQ Scholarship Stand For?
Since 1996, the LEAGUE Foundation has given 144 college scholarships totalling $317,500 to self-identified lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer (LGBTQ) graduating US high school students who have achieved the following: 3.0 total GPA on a 4.0 scale, extensive interest in volunteer work, and admission to a US college or university are all prerequisites.
Led by the benevolent assistance of LEAGUE Members (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender United Employees at AT&T), the Foundation originally started as a grassroots group.
However, with funding from businesses, people, and other LGBTQ organizations, the organization has developed over time into a nationwide scholarship fund that now covers all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and all U.S. Territories.
The LEAGUE Foundation LGBTQ Scholarships offer financial aid to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender high school seniors in the United States who are starting their first year of college education.
LGBTQ applicants must be citizens of the United States and be graduating from high school in the year they apply for a scholarship to be eligible for a LEAGUE Foundation award.
For all LEAGUE Foundation Scholarships, all candidates are automatically taken into account.
The LEAGUE Foundation’s top prizes are the Laurel Hester, Tyler Clementi, and Matthew Shepard Memorial Scholarships.
League Foundation LGBTQ Scholarship Foundation Awards:
The LEAGUE Foundation now has four grants available for consideration, and each student application is immediately evaluated for each. These four honours include:
- Laurel Hester Memorial Scholarship (one award yearly)
- Matthew Shepard Memorial Scholarship (one award yearly)
- Tyler Clementi Memorial Scholarship (one award yearly)
- LEAGUE Foundation Scholarship (up to 9 awards yearly)
Scholarships from the LEAGUE Foundation (up to 9 awarded annually)
Application period: from January 1 until April 15, 2023
Eligibility and Requirements
- Self-identified lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender high school seniors who match the required criteria can apply for the scholarship. Mentors and family members are inspired to assist candidates in completing their applications.
- All applicants must be openly self-identifying LGBTQ+ individuals.
- All Applicants must be US citizens or lawful permanent residents; • All Applicants must be graduating from high school in the year they apply for a scholarship.
- All applicants must be enrolled in or currently enrolled in an approved college, university, or vocational institution in the United States or Canada. The acceptance must be confirmed.
- All applicants must submit an OFFICIAL copy of their high school transcript with a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.0 or higher and a 4.0 ranking or equivalent. These calculations might make use of the weighted average. If the applicant’s high school does not employ a numerical grading system, a detailed report of the success requirements and graduation requirements is required.
- Each applicant is required to submit two personal essays in the format specified on the application.
- A minimum of two letters of recommendation from individuals who are not related to the applicant are required.
- Each applicant must compile a thorough list of their volunteer work. The acts and leadership positions that have a direct bearing on LGBT+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer) societies are given more weight.
- A declaration form acknowledging acceptance of the application’s terms and conditions must be signed by each applicant.
How To Apply for League Foundation LGBTQ Scholarship
- The application procedure is simple because everything may be done on the foundation’s official website.
- The following evidence must be submitted with your application: • An official copy of your high school transcript, which must display a CGPA of 3.0 or higher using a 4.0 rating.
- A list of community services, especially if they are directly related to the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender groups
- Two personal essays should be submitted as they were written on the application form
- Two letters of reference from people other than family members, and two letters of support.
Follow this link to apply
League Foundation LGBTQ Scholarship Amount
The League Foundation LGBTQ Scholarship has awarded 195 students who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender (LGBT+) college scholarships totalling $423,500.
The selecting panel’s decisions are final in all respects.
The applicant’s chosen school will receive the full amount of the scholarship. The student does not immediately receive funding. Send questions about the application procedure to [email protected].