How To Install WordPress on HostGator Hosting This article will be short but concise for users who want to know How to install WordPress on HostGator.
Suppose you want to learn how to install WordPress manually on any other host or panel, such as Cpanel, CyberPanel, and Hestia Panel. In that case, you can visit this article: How To Install WordPress on Your Host.
How to Install WordPress With Softaculous at Hostgator Web Hosting
Softaculous Setup on Hostgator
WordPress is one of the most popular blogging systems today, and for good reason. It is straightforward to install and boasts an appealing, user-friendly interface. At HostGator, you can install WordPress in various ways. This article will explore how to do so with Softaculous on HostGator Hosting.
I realize that getting started with WordPress for newbies may be tough. Let our web design pros save you time and hassle by constructing a professional, mobile-responsive, SEO-friendly WordPress website! Use the contact information at the bottom of this article to contact us at a reduced price.
Installing WordPress Through Softaculous on Hostgator
- Log in to your cPanel.
- Navigate to the Software area, then click on the Softaculous Apps Installer.
3. On the Softaculous page, drag your mouse over WordPress and click Install.
4. In Software Setup, fill out the Choose Installation URL area.
Choose Protocol: It should default to the https:// option, ensuring that your website is safe by utilizing the SSL certificate.
5. Choose Domain: Select the domain where you want to install Softaculous.
In Directory: Typically, you would leave this blank. This field is used if you’re attempting to install WordPress in a sub-directory.
6. Complete the remainder of the installation setup. Choose the version of WordPress you wish to install. We suggest using the most current version since it will be the most secure and should be compatible with most themes and plugins.
7. In the Site Settings area, you’ll need to provide a Site Name and Site Description. This may be anything you wish and can be altered after the installation.
8. Complete the Admin Account section.
Admin Username: We advise entering anything other than the default ‘admin’ for the username since this is the default for all WordPress installations and creates a security concern.
Admin Password: You may create a password or generate one using the key symbol.
Admin Email: This is where WordPress alerts will be received, including password reset (if you forget your password) (if you forget your password).
How To Install WordPress on Hostgator Hosting
9. Choose Language allows you to select the default language for your site.
10. Select Plugin(s) section allows you to select plugins to use for your site.
11. In the Advanced Choices area, the options don’t need to be altered, but they include the database name, table prefix, deactivate update notification emails, configure auto-upgrade, and more.
12. The Pick Theme enables you to select a theme for your site. By default, WordPress utilizes a theme named after the year, but you may select one that matches the purpose of your website.
13. Once done, click Install. A progress bar will reflect your installation status and will be updated once the installation is complete. Do not close the browser during this process since it might disrupt the installation.
14. Congratulations! Your WordPress site is now ready for you to edit!
Hostgator developed this straightforward video guide to lead you through the procedure and review those stages here. Click the link below to watch the video
Also, you can easily contact Hostgator customer service on Live Chat or open a support ticket to assist you with the installation. It’s Free!