Do you identify as African American? You might use this chance to further your aim. The Carrington Philbert Scholarship is pleased to announce a sizeable scholarship for an African American student enrolled in a 2-4-year program at a college or institution.
The idea of sharing the Carrington Philbert Scholarship article with you is sure of you moving forward in your educational career. Read on to learn more.
You can also check out Single Niche vs Multi-Niche: Discover the Best Choice for Success!
About the Carrington Philbert Scholarship
Carrington Philbert Scholarship seeks to help those in need by giving away what they have and directing them toward prosperity. They help underprivileged pupils financially and by mentoring and coaching them.
They think that providing them with insufficient financial support and that some coaching and mentoring will help them differentiate the path to success and make the most of the available scholarship.
Sherwin Bridgewater and Malcolm Carrington were honoured by having the program created in their honour.
The principles of study, seeking information, and reaching greatness in all conditions were emphasized.
Carrington Philbert instilled in their children and grandchildren that, although success is not easily attained, nothing can stop someone from succeeding if they have the drive and desire to do so.
They hope to connect with kids driven to succeed through this award. They hope to inspire all of the students to pursue academic greatness via his scholarship.
Carrington Philbert is aware that success does not always come quickly so, this program is started to make it simple and doable.
Please visit the Carrington Philbert Scholarship website for further details or to apply.
Quick Details About Carrington Philbert Scholarship
- Scholarship payments will be made directly to the recipient’s school in September.
- A U.S. college or university fresher will receive a $2,500 one-time grant through the Carrington Philbert Scholarship. Candidates must be of African American descent.
- The deadline for submission of applications is May 1 of the given year. There will be no late applications accepted.
- The applicant must intend to enroll in a four-year or two-year community college in the United States.
- Applications must include a letter of recommendation.
- Winners will need to present enrollment documentation.
- The payment of scholarship prizes will take place in September.
- We will notify winners and announce them on our website.
- Please upload your transcript, picture, recommendation, and essay (What inspired you to pursue a degree in the first place?) here.
- Please submit the transcript and/or recommendation letter to [email protected] and indicate the name in the email subject if they need to be delivered separately.
Who May Be Eligible to Apply for Carrington Philbert Scholarship
- All applicants are kindly asked to review the eligibility requirements listed below:
- The pupil must be black or African American.
- The applicant must have a 2- to 4-year plan to attend an accredited college or university.
- Before the deadline, applicants must submit their applications in full; incomplete applications will not be accepted.
How to Apply for Carrington Philbert Scholarship
Before the deadline, a completed application and all necessary supporting documentation must be delivered.
All students are advised that they can either mail the whole application to Carrington-Philbert Scholarship, P.O. Box 23971 Brooklyn, NY 11202-3971 or download the application at www.cpscholarship.com and email it to [email protected].
Additional Documents Needed to Apply for Carrington Philbert Scholarship
Please review the materials listed below, which the applicant must submit with the application:
- The applicant must present documentation proving acceptance into a 2-4 year program at an accredited college or university.
- A copy of the applicant’s most recent academic transcript is required.
- Students are required to submit a recommendation letter from their teacher or principal.
- Essays on the subject specified in the application are required of all applicants.
- The applicant must submit a photo with the application.
Benefits of the Carrington Philbert Scholarship
The awarded scholarship must only be used to cover the student’s tuition costs. The award should only be used to cover connected costs such as tuition and other academic requirements.
These awards motivate students to overcome obstacles in order to accomplish their objectives.
This scholarship’s application process is far too simple.
Application Closing Date
Applications will only be approved if they are received before the May 1, 2024 deadline.
FAQs Carrington Philbert Scholarship
What must I submit with my scholarship application?
The prerequisites for applying will differ amongst scholarships. At the very least, you should provide your academic qualifications and a couple of recommendation letters. A cover letter or personal statement describing your eligibility for the award is also recommended.
How can I improve my chances of being awarded a scholarship?
Applying to more scholarships overall increases your likelihood of receiving a prize. Look for scholarships that don’t require essays to save time. These are simple to find on BrokeScholar; select “Easy to Apply” when doing your search.
Can I apply for a scholarship if I already have financial aid?
Yes, even if you have received financial aid, you are still eligible to apply for scholarships. Scholarships and financial aid are two different types of financial support. Whether or whether you get financial aid has no bearing on your scholarship eligibility.
Is a FAFSA required to apply for scholarships?
Though not always needed, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) may be part of the application process for some scholarships. This is usually done to determine your financial requirements.
Do I have to pay to apply for a scholarship?
No, you should never have to pay to apply for a scholarship. A scholarship that requires money or a fee is most likely a scam.