For the Against the Grain Groundbreaker Leadership Scholarship Program, submissions are currently being accepted.
You are eligible to submit an application if you are a senior in high school, a senior in college, or a graduate student currently enrolled in a college or institution in the United States.
Through the Against the Grain Groundbreaker Scholarship, financial support and promotion are provided to Asian American college seniors and graduate students who have demonstrated exceptional leadership, vision, and passion that is paving the way for others to follow and improving lives within the Asian American community. These individuals have made a significant contribution to the advancement of the Asian American community.
The successful candidate will be awarded $1,500, which can be put toward the payment of educational expenses such as tuition and fees.
Against the Grain (ATG) Productions, a nonprofit organization established in Dallas, operates under the 501(c)(3) tax code and uses fascinating audiovisual projects to raise money for underprivileged children and orphanages overseas while also fostering more cultural understanding between Asian Americans.
We have gathered some important information on this site, including the amount of money given to the winner of the Against the Grain Groundbreaker Leadership Scholarship as well as the date the scholarship application process will close.
Against the Grain Groundbreaker Leadership Scholarship Possibility of eligibility
- You need to be a senior in high school, a senior in college enrolled full-time at an accredited U.S. four-year college or university, or a graduate student enrolled in an accredited U.S. graduate program who will be enrolled in an accredited college or university for the forthcoming academic calendar in order to be eligible for this scholarship. A minimum of fifty percent of the applicant’s ancestry must come from either Asia or the Pacific Islands. Students of any academic concentration are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- demonstrated abilities as a visionary leader through the use of inventive approaches.
- Relatives of board members are ineligible to serve and must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.5 on a scale of 4.0 (unweighted).
The procedure for applications is: Candidates who are interested in applying for the scholarship can download the application form by clicking on the following link:
- To be considered for a scholarship, each applicant must provide a display of video material outlining their prior experiences, including but not limited to the following:
- The videos will be judged on their production quality, originality, and topic.
- Videos must be sent on flash drives, and they must be in either the.wmv or the.mov format.
To be considered for a scholarship, each applicant must provide a video presentation outlining their prior experiences, including but not limited to the following:
- The videos will be judged on their execution, ingenuity, and the content they present.
- Videos have to be uploaded to either Vimeo or YouTube and linked from there.
Please be informed that in order for us to display the films of the chosen finalists and winners on our homepage, they will need to sign a release form first. This is a requirement for us to do so.
Candidates are selected using a grading system that assesses how well they meet the requirements of five primary considerations. The candidate who finishes the application process with the highest overall cumulative point total will be awarded the scholarship. These standards are as follows:
- The performance in the classroom
- Experience in leadership and community service, as well as contributions
- Video presentation
- Submitted essay of a high level
- Personal letters of recommendation
- Interview with the committee, either over the phone or in person.
The institution in which the student is enrolled will receive the payment directly; it will not go to the student.
The Groundbreaker Leadership Scholarship provides an equal amount of funding to each and every student who meets the eligibility requirements.
Students who are able to demonstrate that they have met the conditions for the Against the Grain Groundbreaker Leadership Scholarship will be eligible to earn a grant in the amount of $1,500.
There is a quick window of opportunity to apply for the program.
In this hypothetical situation, deserving applicants are informed that the Against the Grain Groundbreaker Leadership Scholarship application deadline has been extended to May 31st, 2023, for submission of all materials.
Please visit this link for further details: https://againstthegrainproductions.com/groundbreaker-leadership-scholarship/
Against the Grain Groundbreaker Leadership Scholarship Contact Information:
If you have any questions, please contact us at the following email address: [email protected].